Monday 21 October 2013

Media giving us a bad name?

I think this has always been a topic of discussion for all teenagers. It's hard to understand why society regards us as 'naive' individuals. One thing that I think doesn't help our image is the media.

Media attention about teenagers always seems to be bad. After all bad teenagers antics makes good TV entertainment right? Yes I understand how funny it must be to watch the teens on 'Magaluf Weekender' passing out in their beds and snogging everything that moves, but in the long term it has drastic effects on the wide majority. It seems unfair that these 'fun times' to us are publicised in a bad way. I'm not saying I agree with the behaviour of every individual on these shows, but isn't that all part of growing up? We're supposed to be allowed to make mistakes so that we can learn from them. I can assure you that our parents and grandparents all made mistakes, some may have been worse than our own, but they aren't criticised as they were publicised on TV as they are today.

In my opinion I believe that most of us teenagers have improved in our behaviour on a day to day basis. When I came to University I feel that most of the teenagers seem to have grown up, when a few months ago in sixth form they acted rather childish. It's nice to think that there is some hope for the youth of today.

One thing I will mention is that when I went to ASDA with my friends in my PJs, we had become a sideshow by some 15 year old girls. I mean if I want to wear my PJs I will! I'd rather be different than look like them, who had the same matching hairstyle and clips, same trainers. Ugh boring and tiresome. I don't know what it is but it's the 12-16 year old category that really annoys me in terms of behaviour. They seem to have this idea that they need to grow up faster and look the same. In all honesty they look ridiculous and I for one would not let my children out looking like that. Being different should be seen as a good thing. When will people realise this?

Anyway I shall stop this ramble before I bore you all!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment