Thursday 10 October 2013

Film Review: 'How I Live Now'

Apologies for this late post! To make up for it I'm writing two posts today.

Last night I went to the cinema with my good friend Zoe and we went to see 'How I Live Now'. Firstly I'll start by reminding everyone if you are wanting to go and check out a film I recommend using your Orange Wednesdays (only if you're on Orange of course)! That's what Zoe and I did and the film ticket worked out at £3.60, which is really good especially if you're a student!

The film was top of my 'must see' list simply because I think Saoirse Ronan is such a good actress. She's been in a lot of the movies I've watched. To name a few; The Lovely Bones, Hanna, The Host and City of Ember. It's hard to believe she's only 19.

I want to give a good film review without giving away too much. I think with this film it's really important that you don't read any spoilers. Trust me for this film it will ruin the effect! Be warned this film is jumpy. If you're wondering if it's scary I absolutely hate horror films, so I'm pretty sure you won't find this too scary! It's just creepy and eerie at times. It has to be said I am not a massive fan of 'World War 3' films simply because they are too unbelievable. However, I have to say this was so believable it was almost scary. The film is based on the 2004 novel of the same name by Meg Rosoff. Now I haven't read the novel so I can't say if this film was a good adaption or not.

Nevertheless the film left me feeling shocked and I'll be honest it was a bit emotional but I didn't cry honest! I am glad I went to see this film because it has a range of different genres within it. It has the constant romance running throughout the film and scenes of violence and action. I must say it is one of the best future films I have seen for a while and Saoirse Ronan is once again a fabulous lead actress.

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment