Monday 6 April 2015

Moody Monday's Volume 12: Boys Boys Boys

Hello Bloggers!

I'm going to pre warn you. This post is a rant!

Now I am perfectly happy in my relationship don't get me wrong, however I have noticed how difficult it is for boys to understand women. I mean they are never really able to put themselves in our shoes. My boyfriend and I have our arguments but one that really has got to me lately is the fact that he is set on me being friends with his ex. Now, for men this may seem normal. I mean there's nothing between them anymore, turns out their better friends than lovers, however it does not mean that I need or want to be friends with this girl. She could be a lovely person and I have nothing against her personally, but when she's been with my boyfriend intimately then it makes things really awkward! 

Surely it's ok for me to feel this way?! Yes. Yes it is.

You see I did explain this and of course he doesn't understand how I feel. Women love to talk about feelings and quite frankly I'd love for my boyfriend to open up a bit more. No. That's a feminine thing apparently! I feel like sometimes I'm made to feel like my feelings are wrong and I shouldn't feel that way.

More often than not I've been told "oh don't be silly" "oh you're overthinking" "oh you're being paranoid"...no I'm being a women and it's perfectly ok for me to feel the way I do. Men shouldn't be allowed to tell us how to think or feel. I'm entitled to my own opinion as all women are. I hate fighting so it would be nice if my boyfriend and I could just move past this because it really shouldn't be important if I'm friends with her or not. It took me a while to get ok with them hanging out still (as friends) so he shouldn't push me too much. I'm being more than reasonable.

Another tip for men. If your ex is being horrid to your new girlfriend, don't agree with what the ex is saying. Stupidly my boyfriend did this. I cried and it was a literal face palm moment. I mean come on! How naive can men be? 

Too often men use the excuse "sorry I wasn't thinking" which is sometimes ok to use. Although, when this phrase is used repeatedly during an argument to avoid too much of the blame and to move on it's certainly NOT ok. If you weren't thinking the first time then you need to stop, think and learn from what had been before so that we don't have to go through the same mundane argument again! 

I love my boyfriend to pieces but I'd kill for him to understand me a bit more. Wouldn't hurt them would it girls?

Hope you enjoyed my little rant. I'm not a man hater just needed to get some feelings out there.


"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 

Social Media Links




2 comments:

  1. I hate to say it but I think you were a bit harsh on your boyfriend. It seemed like he was only trying to do what he thought was the right thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know he cares about me I just really didn't want to be friends with his ex when she's been quite mean to me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but thank you for sharing yours! I assure you I do love my boyfriend he just annoys be sometimes haha x

      Delete