Friday 9 January 2015

Friday Favourites: Shopping Trip

Hello Bloggers!

Last Friday I went shopping with my brother to Meadowhall. I was so excited to spend my Christmas money! We were up early to go to the bank prior to setting off on the hour's drive. The weather was sunny (which was a pain as I'm not tall enough for the visor to shield my eyes) and really windy! Nevertheless this shopping trip was successful and I thought I'd show you all what I bought.

Cath Kidston have a sale on at the moment and I've been wanting to buy a bag from there for a while. The sale tempted me in and I was soon browsing all the lovely sale items (believe me I could've bought so much had I had the money)! I was looking for a new bag for University, preferably a backpack that I could carry my MacBook in as well as my books. I'll be honest I had to narrow it down from three but I finally decided on a cute little dark green rucksack with cream spots on. Weirdly the bag at the front was priced at £36 whilst the bag behind it was priced at £30 (nothing was wrong with it) so I'm glad I looked behind otherwise I would've paid more. The bag was £45 so I thought this was a bargain! I'm so tempted to buy something else, I would recommend you to go and check their sale out! The backpack I decided on has a quilted laptop sleeve inside that fits most 13 inch laptops (so my Mac fits easily), which will come very handy on those late night library trips!

Backpack- £30



I've been eyeing up Urban Decay's Naked palette's for a while now and my mum had told me to treat myself with my Christmas money. After all that's what it's for...right? After surfing the web and reading a lot of blogs and reviews on the Naked palette's I decided that the Naked 3 was the best fit for my skin tone. I am used to using a lot darker eyeshadows and felt the Naked 3 would allow me to create more natural looks for day to day wear. I am totally in love with this palette (although I have yet to use it)! With the Naked 3 palette I also purchased an eyeliner from Urban Decay. It's a normal waterproof black eyeliner. I'm used to using pencil liner's and shall be interested to compare this with my current favourite liner from Nars. If I don't like the Urban Decay liner I shall let you know as I will probably end up back with Nars!

Naked 3 palette- £37
Eyeliner- £15



I'd been searching for a nice comfy cardi for a while now and as I passed Urban Outfitters I noticed their up to 75% off sale. I had to have a browse! Now I saw a lot of things I liked unfortunately they were not low enough in price or sadly not in my size (this was sadly the case for this gorgeous playsuit I found with a cute collar). Yes sad when you can't find the stuff you want in the sale! However, I did stumble upon a beautiful green chenille cardigan. They only had the size small available and I tried it on and it does fit nicely. I would say its still quite roomy and I'm about a size 14. I adore this cardigan and I think it suits my hair colour perfectly! Due to the cold and unpredictable weather we have here in the UK I know I will get a lot of wear out of this! I'm rather glad this was reduced in the sale as I wouldn't have paid full price for this! Luckily I had my trusted NUS card and got my student discount on this little number.

Pins & Needles Chenille Cardigan- Was £45 now £25



Hope you like my buys!

What did you get in the sales this year?

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

Follow us here! We follow back!
Instagram: @therestisstillunwrittenblog
Twitter: @TRISUblog


No comments:

Post a Comment