Monday 11 August 2014

August Update!

On Monday I'm off to London (eeee!) to visit my childhood best friend Hannah. I can't wait to be a tourist and take lots of photos which will be posted on my twitter and of course I will document my journey on here as I always try to do (and mostly fail but not this time)!

I've also been teaching myself to play guitar and although I'm not great right now (it's only been a week) I have loved teaching myself using YouTube videos and the odd tip from my brother. I think it's helped my confidence with trying new things because if I'm honest I've wanted to learn guitar for ages but I thought I'd be rubbish at it! As well as learning a guitar I've also started being more vocal with my singing (funny). A certain person (he knows who he is) gave me some good feedback when I was singing to myself on Xbox one day and since then I've tried to stop mumbling and sing loud...more often. Surprisingly my mum was always someone who told me to shut up but she actually sat and listened to me singing a Shania Twain song (yes yes guilty pleasure ok?) I wanted to do on karaoke. She actually said I was good and she wouldn't stop smiling and it may seem like a small thing but coming from my mum that's a really nice and lovely comment. I wouldn't have even done that in front of her had I not sort of sung to the person accidentally on Xbox (so thank you). 

So you may have noticed (obviously) that the last few months I've got myself back on Xbox which has also been another hobby of mine (yes yes do I ever leave the house) but if I enjoy something I'd rather sit and do that than waste my time trying to impress people who clearly don't bother with me! Black Ops 2 has finally become a game I am relatively good at and I've started talking to old friends again as well as making new ones which is always fun. 

There have been some big changes in my life recently. I split up with my boyfriend and it may sound harsh but since the break up I've never been happier. It felt like a lot of feelings had been suppressed and I was just going through the motions of being in a relationship without actually enjoying it. It was definitely a hard decision to make because ultimately I have lost my best friend. The bond we had prior to the relationship is gone and if I'm honest being friends is not something I want to do because it feels awkward now. If anyone has tried the friends thing they know what I'm talking about! I guess I should've seen it coming, I mean it was a scenario I had considered but I guess I never expected myself to end the relationship. I've moved on though as I said I'm really happy and I'm in a good place. I've focused on my friends and found new hobbies and also made more time to write my blog.

So far this long break from Uni has exceeded expectations and I can't wait to experience as much as possible before returning to Uni in September! 

I hope these blog posts are better and I hope you stick around for the journey!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 





No comments:

Post a Comment