Friday 20 September 2013

Swim Deep Gig

As usual Swim Deep were amazing! First act on was circa waves. As my friend Rais pointed out they sounded a bit like Two Door Cinema Club! I thought they were pretty good!

Up next was the much anticipated Wolf Alice. Rais and Tasha had told me good things about this band and I have to say I was more than impressed! They were so good, when they have a headline tour I will definitely be buying tickets! 

Finally at 9.30 Swim Deep came on stage! The crowd were more than ready and soon the mosh pits began! Now being small being stuck isn't the best thing! So I stuck to the side and enjoyed the music. Honey will always be my favourite song and it always sounds good live! Their cover of 'Girls just wanna have fun' was really good. It was my first time hearing it live and I thought the arrangement sounded so cool! Pretty sure you'll be able to check their cover out online either on YouTube, Soundcloud or Grooveshark etc. 

Overall the gig was fab! The final song was King City and as usual everyone went crazy! The atmosphere was electric and I was reminded how much I missed going to gigs! I will definitely have to book more gigs. If you get chance to buy tickets for Swim Deep...DO IT! They don't disappoint! 

 
Wolf Alice and Circa Waves came back on stage with Swim Deep to play together during the encore and it was fab! 


"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 

P.S. Sorry for the late blog only just got my Internet installed!

No comments:

Post a Comment