Tuesday 3 December 2013

Ones to watch in 2014

  1. Two Door Cinema Club
    They have released a new EP this year and they are playing the O2 Arena. It is fair to say that 2013 has been a busy and successful year for the band. They have grown in popularity which is a good thing because they deserve to be recognised. As much as I am pleased they have the opportunity to play the arena I hope they don’t stray too far from smaller venues as I feel the atmosphere is better. In addition I feel more intimate with the band whereas you can become quite distant in an arena especially one as big as the O2! Nevertheless they will forever be my favourite band, every song makes me feel happy and I just LOVE LOVE LOVE them- enough said.
  2. Bastille
    So far I have seen these twice this year and each time they haven’t disappointed. I have to say it was nice to see them grow from being almost unknown in February to becoming insanely popular by autumn! They’ve had 2 sell out tours and it is easy to see why with their cool and catchy tunes that most people find easy to listen to. Not to mention that they are great performers! Their gigs are so unique and different I recommend you buy tickets- that’s if you can get hold of some!
  3. Breach The Summit 
    I just raved about these in my previous blog post but I want them to get popular so I can add them to my ‘seen live’ list. Let’s face it who wouldn’t want to see this band live? You’d be mad not to! Pretty sure they could be something big given the chance. Go check them out on soundcloud and give them a cheeky follow on Twitter as well @BreachTheSummit.
  4. Foster The People
    Now for all Foster fans it has been agony waiting for them to bring a new album out. The album was set for release this year however they pushed the date back till January 2014. Not too much longer then Foster fans! Mark assures us it will be worth the wait. Personally I can’t wait for the tour that is most likely to follow I must get tickets for the UK dates (they better do UK dates).
  5. Haim
    After the success of their albums ‘Days are Gone’ Haim are set to embark on their 2014 tour most of which has been a sell out (poo gutted I haven’t got tickets). I still remain hopeful that I will see them live one day (one day). From what I’ve heard of the album it really doesn’t disappoint. They will be on Sunday Brunch on Channel 4 if you’re interested (of course I will be watching). This album is definitely on my Christmas list!
  6. We Were Evergreen
    Just had the best email off this band! They are releasing their album early 2014 and that means that they are also going on tour (getting tickets for as many shows as I can). I’m urging you all to go and buy tickets as soon as they go on sale and also get their album. The band have worked super hard and they really do deserve all the success with it! 
That's all for today's post if you have any suggestions for future blog posts or any other questions then let me know by email or twitter (I'll be nice I promise)! Megsiemaysmiles@gmail.com or @Megsiemay95

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment