Tuesday 17 December 2013

Artists singing live

Since I've just watched the X factor I thought I would write a blog about this.

Well Katy Perry performed and well I'll be honest she really hasn't got a great voice singing live. It amazes me how someone can sell out concerts when their vocals are not as good as they should be. I went to see Two Door Cinema Club at the O2 on Friday and I have to say their vocals were even better than they were on record. I just feel like a lot of the 'pop' acts these days seem to put on a theatrical performance to draw the attention away from their poor vocals.

What also confuses me is that why on earth would you write a song that you can't sing live? With this year's X Factor I'm really happy Sam Bailey won. I mean she had an amazing voice, and even though I'm not a huge fan of Nicole their duet together was amazing. That had to be one of my favourite duets I have seen on the X Factor. That being said I think Ellie Goulding and Luke Friend sung well together. I liked the fact that Luke stuck with his guitar. I personally thought that his version of Fun's "We Are Young" was the wrong song choice and it wasn't him at all.

Moving on. If you think about it there are so many artists these days that just can't sing live! I would be so annoyed if I had gone to a concert where the artist had failed to put on a show. Usually these artists end up in the big arenas. Top tip you can probably find the best talent in smaller venues. It makes the gig experience so much better as you connect with the artist.

I'm interested to know all your views on this so let me know!
Email: Megsiemaysmiles@gmail.com
Twitter: @Megsiemay95

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment