Tuesday 11 February 2014

The 80s Kids

I've been sat here feeling rather sorry for myself all day as I've been off Uni ill and quite frankly it's got to me! I thought I would be productive and write a blog but I think I have been stuck for some inspiration. The last thing I want to do is bore you all. So after I dropped Jess off home and found there was nothing on the telly I decided to listen to some music. It started off with The Cure and before I knew it I had a whole 80s playlist created using NME's 100 Best Songs of the 80s. This has made me wish I was a teen back in the 80s. 
For starters how good are The Cure as a band? I grew up listening to them because luckily I had a Mum with amazing music taste! I mean I have my favourites; In Between Days, Boys Don't Cry, Friday I'm In Love, The Caterpillar and Lovecats. Everytime I hear their tracks I feel the need to get up and dance around my flat. They put me in a good mood. I am gutted I missed them at Leeds Fest in 2012...that really was my year to go. 

But I mean being an 80s teen just looks like it would've been so much fun. The music back then was raw and real much better than it is now. If you're into your music like me you'll understand. You want music to be made with thought and care. You want it to bring out emotions inside you that haven't come out before. You want it to tell a story but also to be unique. I have to thank my parents for creating a child with such good music taste if I do say so myself.

So if you want to see the article I was looking at then click here and see what the best songs of the 80s were according to NME. I made my playlist picking out my favourites from the list. 
http://www.nme.com/list/100-best-songs-of-the-1980s/266358/page/10

It's not just the bands and more indie rock I like I also prefer the 80s anthems (Buffalo Stance, Push It) when I go to a club their the songs that make me dance simply because it's what Mum and I used to dance to in the kitchen and in the car on a Saturday night. Party Classics on The Pulse was our thing and still is when I visit home. Don't get me wrong I love music now and probably would miss my tech (especially my phone) but I think the 80s would've been good to experience I mean I can't miss my tech if I never had it in the first place! My goal for this year is to get a record player for my new house. I want to start collecting records so I can chill and blog in my new house. Who knows maybe I'll decide to vlog or video in my new house. I know I keep saying it but I might finally be motivated to do it!! 

My question today is have any of you wanted to be from another decade? If you did what decade would you have wanted to be from and why? 

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment