Sunday 29 June 2014

Foster The People Gig

Date: Thursday 26th June 2014
Venue- The Ritz, Manchester

I was so excited to celebrate the end of Uni and the end of placement with a gig. It's been a while since I last went to a gig and it's been 2 years since I last saw Foster The People! I have to be honest I was having withdrawal symptoms from Mark...he's hot.

Their support act were a band called Prides. I hadn't heard them prior to the gig, but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised and they are going to be added to my spotify playlist asap! They are a Scottish synth-pop band, perfect for supporting FTP! They only formed last year, however when I heard them it sounded like they'd been together for years and it was difficult for me to try and understand why I hadn't heard of them before! They were fab live! They have 2 EP's Out of the Blue and The Seeds you Sow. Their songs are catchy and dancy. Definitely worth a listen if you're looking for new music! I'm watching out for new tour dates but I suspect they may be popping up at a few festivals this summer!

Foster the People were obviously much anticipated by all in the audience. I was again stuck behind tall people so my view was limited, but after some excited shuffling I soon found a perfect viewing spot for my 5 foot 2 height! The band came on taking their places and the set list started off with 'Miss You'. Since they had released Supermodel recently I was expecting it to be more about their new album, however their were lots of songs from Torches weaved into the set list as well. This also included a rock version of Pumped Up Kicks which was a favourite of mine. Pseudologia Fantastica was unreal live. It wasn't one of my favourites on the album, however that completely changed when I heard it live. Best Friend was of course my favourite song of the night and I found myself recording snapchat after snapchat as Mark came over and sang by us (fangirl moment). Think my boyfriend grew a little tired of me obsessively drooling over Mark...sorry Rais!

My lovely boyfriend bought me a tshirt off the merch stand. I wanted one with tour dates to add to my collection, however I don't know if it's just me but my tee has a typo on the back. I wouldn't mind but the date I saw them in Manchester is wrong! Have to say I'm really gutted and shocked at this and I am considering trying to email somebody to enquire about this. If you went to the gig let me know what date you have on the back for the Manchester date! 

If you have the chance to buy tickets for Foster The People this summer. Or have the opportunity to attend a festival they're at then I would highly recommend seeing them! You won't be disappointed. 

They had a set at Glastonbury and that's worth a watch to get you in the mood! I'll leave the link below. Apologies for not writing recently and my Live at Leeds posts really bombed! I didn't post them and for that I can't apologise enough and only say that I focused on Uni a lot. I've just finished for summer and I am SO happy with my results so I guess in some way it was worth it! 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/errnc8/acts/arjhzc#p021gm6n 

Hope you're all well! 

'The rest is still unwritten'

Megan 










No comments:

Post a Comment