Sunday 9 March 2014

Lemon Cake and other adventures

Well this past week has been hectic! I started placement and I couldn't be happier! So that is probably why I haven't had much free time to write posts for my blog which is bad I know. If I had any spare time in the week that was usually spent with Rais watching movies or him watching the movie whilst I tried to stay awake (school is making me tired).

So it's Sunday and after babysitting last night till late I was hoping for a lie in but no I was awake at 6am (fab). After falling back asleep to 7.30am I decided to give up trying to sleep and watch YouTube videos and listen to music. After the family had left for my brother's rugby match I emerged from my room determined to make some pancakes that I had missed earlier in the week and bake 2 cakes (1 for the family and 1 for the staff room at school).

I made my pancakes (they were perfect of course). Worth the wait! Apart from the mass baking today I have had a nice relaxing day. After Saturday's busy antics I am pleased really. Yesterday I moved out of my flat and back home. I am happy to be closer to Rais and my family in Halifax but I don't know how I'll cope with family arguments ugh! Will also miss being closer to Jess and Megan.

Radio 1 has been the soundtrack to this wonderful weather today whilst I sit on the sofa in the kitchen with the back door wide open so I can see the sun. I think I've found my summer song already! Duke Dumont feat Jax Jones- I Got U. This will be the perfect tune for driving in the sun with the windows down and my hair flowing wildly. Puts me in a good mood.

Yes for once Moody Megan has been in a really good mood. This is unusual for a Sunday but no recently I've been a happy bunny. Yay!

Here's the Lemon Cake recipe I have been using easy enough and even if you don't have a loaf tin (I don't) just use to sandwich tins and split the mixture.

225g Caster Sugar
225g Unsalted Butter
225g Self Raising Flour
4 Eggs
1 lemon zest grated

Icing:
Juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons
85g Caster Sugar

Mix all the ingredients together for the cake and when your mixture is done add the grated lemon zest. Grease your tin or use greaseproof paper and pour mixture in. If in a sandwich tin cook for 30 minutes on 180 degrees in a fan oven. When done (check and leave for longer if not) place on a surface to cool slightly. Pierce the top with a skewer and then pour the icing over allowing it to sink in the holes and the sugar will crystallise and go crispy on top.






More posts to come this week as a lot has happened whilst I've been away!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment