Thursday 20 March 2014

Foster The People- Supermodel

Firstly I'll start by saying thanks to NME for streaming the album for all us UK fans as we aren't able to buy the album till March 24th. I couldn't be more in love with this album even if I tried. I've waited so long for more music from Foster The People and I can tell you it was worth the wait. 

We were first teased with a track from their upcoming album 'Coming Of Age' on New Years Eve with a 30 second snippet of the song. When the full song and video was released I was so excited at the prospect of new music from the band. I loved the song and it made me eager to here the rest of the album. Lucky for me I can finally get my hands on a copy of the album next week. 

Foster The People are a band that will always have a special spot in my heart next to Two Door Cinema Club. When I went to their concert back in Manchester in 2012 with my best friend Hollie they were amazing. Instantly found a new love for their music (as if I wasn't already obsessed). But also I saw my then co-worker Rais there (it was fate really). He didn't even know my name and it's strange to think that's how our friendship started...and now he's my boyfriend. I guess I had a hunch 2014 was going to be a good year for me. 

Another exciting thing about the band is that they are doing some shows in the UK. I shall be seeing them in Manchester and hopefully at Leeds Fest. Trust me seeing this band once is not enough!

So I have my favourite tracks off the album already; Coming Of Age, Are You What You Want To Be, Best Friend and Pseudologia Fantastica. You can say that Best Friend is my top track at the minute. 

I just think this is the perfect album for driving and dancing. Seeing them live will be unreal and I'm sure the crowd will be pumped. Their sound has altered subtly from their previous album Torches, but every track sounds new and unique. I'm definitely glad they are back! 

If you haven't given the album a listen yet or don't know where to stream it from then use the link below.
http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/exclusive-premiere-stream-the-new-foster-the-people-album-supermodel-now

What are your thoughts on the album? 

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan 


No comments:

Post a Comment