Monday 26 August 2013

The Start Of Something New

Firstly, no High School Musical reference in the title was intended it just kind of...happened.

Well first thing's first HELLO! I'm Megan and blogging is something I have wanted to do for a long time. I guess today (Monday 26th August 2013) was finally the day I decided to make it happen. Now I've been obsessed with YouTube recently and I have seen how most of them started out blogging so I thought why not give it a try? So here go's...MY FIRST BLOG.

Monday.

Unlike most people I love Monday's. Whatever bad things happened the previous week I tend to forget about and start again. Monday signals a fresh start. In this first blog I thought I'd give a brief explanation to how I got here and why I want to do this. It'll give you guys out there (whoever you are) a better understanding of the weird and wonderful mess that makes me!
 
 Now my best friend Abz can be blamed for my unhealthy obsession to YouTube. She is my twin and probably one of the few people that understands me and accepts me for who I am. Now when she told me about YouTube I didn't really get into it until I first started watching Tyler Oakley. Now as soon as I started watching Tyler's videos I became instantly hooked. His videos made me laugh till I cried and in some ways that's how I wanted to be viewed. I wanted to be known for making people happy something which at the minute I feel I am struggling with. We'll leave all the 'emosh' stuff for the next blog!

As well as blogging YouTube would also be something I would love to be able to be involved in. I guess I see myself as someone who enjoys talking to people through the internet! Now my 'channel' won't really see any action (best phrase I could think of) till I move to my new flat (sometime in September) ready for me to begin Uni. At the minute I can't really say how regular these videos will be because these videos would be fitted around Uni and work! I have to be honest and say I have ideas already of what I want to develop my channel as! Vlogging, challenges and maybe advice? University is something we're all most likely to experience and I feel like I could connect with some of you who may be worried about Uni, wanting to know what Uni life is like, or maybe you just want an idiot to laugh at on YouTube! Regardless, feel free to view my videos and tell me what you think.

Now I don't want this blog to be so big but I am so excited for the future. I have so many things to share with you on this blog and I just hope that some of you find it interesting! I will try and blog everyday if I get chance! I can't really say what genre this blog would be in! It's just a general blog. If you want to read reviews of the gigs I've attended, read about the events of my life or just read about what University is like then I guess my blog might interest you!

Thank You for taking the time to read this and I hope you'll stick around to stay on this journey with me! As Natasha Bedingfield would sing:

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan.

P.S. Let's be cute and dedicate my blog to Abz. You inspired me to do this and gave me the confidence to pursue this. Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Megs, why go and make me cry? I hope this goes well for you and teaching too! Love you lots twinny, so proud :')

    ReplyDelete