Monday, 3 August 2015

Moody Monday's Volume 18: London 27/07 - 30/07

Hello Bloggers! 


Yes I have said before how much I love London and last week I was lucky enough to visit again. This time I didn't plan much as I wanted to take every day as it came. Luke stayed at mine Sunday evening before we went as we had to catch the train early and I thought it might be nice just to have a nice evening chilling out. Mum made a roast dinner and then we ended up playing COD and watching New Girl. 

We caught the train from Halifax to Leeds in the morning. It was chucking it down with rain and I was praying that the weather would be better when we finally got down to London. I did not want to have a full week of rain, whilst I was trying to explore! I was panicking as usual because the train to Leeds was being delayed and I really thought we'd miss our train (luckily we didn't) and soon we were settled into first class enjoying our first cup of tea. The journey down was really nice. I chose the BLT sandwiches on granary bread with parsley mayonnaise, chocolate cake and crisps. I was boring and just had tea, water and diet coke. Luke chose the mozzarella, pesto and tomato sandwiches on white (we swapped a sandwich each and these were really nice) with chocolate cake and crisps. He decided to have Magners and tea.

We arrived in sunny London at 1.30 and we headed for the tube. We were staying at Bethnal Green Travelodge. I'd never stayed here before so I didn't really know where I was going. I was dying to get checked in because it was so warm and obviously I'd travelled in my bulky clothes so I wanted to change...FAST! We checked in and after finding a problem with our first room the lady at reception quickly swapped us to another room, which we were much happier with. After unpacking, which means I basically tried to find something in my suitcase but ended up emptying everything out, I collapsed on the bed to watch a bit of telly. 

We were meeting Luke's Auntie for dinner near St Paul's, so I hopped in the shower and put on my new H&M playsuit, tied my hair up in a bun because it was so warm and re did my make up. We caught the tube (I like catching the tube it can be fun when it's not too crowded) to St Paul's and waited around until we could see his Auntie. After much deliberation we decided to go and eat at Zizzi's. I'd never been there before, but since it was Italian of course I would like it. Yes, surprise surprise I picked Spaghetti Carbonara. Auntie Gilly and I decided to share a bottle of Sauvignon Blanc, which went really well with my pasta. We shared cheesy garlic bread to start which was on ciabatta bread and seemed to have red onions caramelised on it. My main came and I was so excited to tuck in and eat it! The sauce was smokey and really delicious I couldn't stop eating it. Soon Luke was sniffing at mine and was ready to finish it of course. I knew I had to stop eating at some point so I did let him finish my food (how nice of me). 

Auntie Gilly then took us to the Sky Bar called Madison's. I was in awe at the view. London looks stunning all lit up at night. I'm afraid my photos don't do it justice! 

We were ordering cocktails. I love cocktails and I have many favourites so I did find it hard to choose. I ended up having a Bellini. Well two by the end of the evening! We sat there and enjoyed our drinks and had a chat. It really was a wonderful end to a good evening! The tube back was really easy as well so that wasn't a pain or worry either! 


I woke up early because I was far too warm. I turned on the TV and watched some daytime TV whilst I waited to wake Luke up. By the time he woke up I was finally allowed to make a cuppa and have some custard creams (yay). I did want to lazily get ready as I was still really tired. However, once we were ready to go I decided to take Luke to Polo Bar. I raved about this last time I was in London so I was really excited to take him there and see what he thought. I ordered a hot chocolate with whipped cream and marshmallows. Most of the hot chocolates I order are really watery and not chocolatey at all, so I was wary when ordering this. However I needn't have worried as this was one of the best hot chocolates I have ever had! Yes a big claim indeed, but I was impressed. Luke ordered a Cherry Bakewell milkshake and The American breakfast as well. It did look really nice but I'm not a big fan of cherry. I did try it and it was surprisingly nice! 

We then decided to be super touristy and explore the sights. We caught the train to Holborn and then walked to Covent Garden where we walked round and watched a few performers. We then just kept walking. To Leicester Square and down to Trafalgar Square where this man ended up making a bracelet for me (trust me I didn't ask for one). It was a nice keepsake I suppose. We then walked further down to Buckingham Palace. I never realised how close we were from when I was staying at Green Park with Adeline. We then walked to Big Ben and saw the London Eye and we finally managed to find a bench and sit down over looking the Thames. It was a really beautiful day and I was surprised by how far we'd walked. Thank god we'd had nice weather! We were definitely feeling hot and sweaty by this point so we decided to leisurely walk back up to the station and get the tube back to our hotel to have a shower before we had to leave again. 

I was really looking forward to what my dad had planned. We were going to Jamie's first (my favourite place for Prosecco) and then Moo Grill for Dinner. We met my dad and he ordered drinks and we chatted about our day and showed him our pictures. We had 2 hours there before our table was booked so I ordered some nachos to share between us as I'd had them last time I'd visited with Adeline. I was trying to book a show for Luke and I to see on Wednesday but everywhere was either sold out or really expensive. My mum had told us about The Book of Mormon Lottery and we had decided to venture out the next day and see if we could win a pair of front row seats for £20 each. After finishing our drinks we headed to Moo Grill. I was really ready to scoff some food! We ordered some starters to share (Argentine Chorizo, Provolone Cheese and Chicken Empandas). I then ordered a 300g Fillet Steak with a side order of Mash Potatoes, Luke ordered a 400g Sirloin Steak with a side order of Fries, and my Dad ordered a 400g Rib Eye with a side order of Mash Potatoes. The food was divine. I also ordered Sauvignon Blanc to drink with my meal (good choice Megan). I was also once again persuaded to have a dessert and I ordered Panqueque which are crepes served with 'dulce de leche'. They were so so so nice ( I had them the previous times I've been so I know they're nice). I was full to bursting so I was definitely done for the night! Dad walked us back to the tube station and we set off back to the hotel. It was only one stop back to Bethnal Green from Liverpool Street Station.

When you're too small to fit in a selfie...

Our bracelets we had made for us


We got up earlier than yesterday and after quickly throwing on our clothes we headed for the tube and caught the train to Holborn again. After strolling down to the Prince of Wales Theatre. Here we intended on entering The Book Of Mormon Lottery so that we could watch the matinee performance. Whilst we waited we shared a KFC as we had skipped breakfast to get here quickly. I have to admit I was feeling really unlucky. What you have to do is get to the theatre 2 and a half hours before the performance to fill out a slip, which allows you to be entered into the lottery to win front row seats. It's really fun crowding round to see who's going to win. I can't remember exactly how many were drawn but I was the 4th/5th person picked. I didn't think I'd win at all and then they said my name! I was so happy because I never would have been able to afford tickets otherwise. I grabbed Luke and we headed for the Box Office. We had 2 hours to kill before the show was due to start so we went to Prezzo as I had brought my Natwest Tastecard with me, which allowed me to get 241 on meals. I ordered Pollo Carbonara and Luke ordered the Spaghetti Carbonara. I was literally skipping to the theatre I was that excited. The seats were unbelievable, I would never have been able to afford them otherwise. We settled in and waited for the show to begin. I don't want to give too much away because then it wouldn't be surprising if you went to see it yourselves. All I would say would be for you to go and listen to the soundtrack and read about it on their website. It has such good reviews and I think it's one of the best musicals I have seen yet. I have never laughed so much at a show and everyone else was in agreement. Most of the front row stood up at the end and a few other people in the audience It really was an incredible show. I just want to see it again now. It has become my new obsession as I now listen to the soundtrack at least twice a day if not more.

I was very happy to win tickets!

The show finished at 5pm so we headed back to the hotel to get ready for dinner and decide on where we would eat. After texting my Dad and giving us a few helpful tips we headed back to Liverpool Street where we ate at The Rajasthan Indian Restaurant. Very different from where we'd previously eaten that week, which was a good thing. I ordered Onion Bhaji's and a Chicken Korma with a Plain Naan, whilst Luke opted for the Sheek Kebab and a Lamb Madras with Garlic Naan. We shared the Naans between us. The whole meal was really nice and it was a really lovely way to finish what had been an exciting day. After making the trip back to the hotel and popping in the Sainsburys we decided to have a quiet night in and watched some TV and ate some sweets as we had to leave in the morning. I was really sad as I still felt like there was so much more I wanted to do.


I woke up early again and hopped in the shower before starting to pack away my many clothes and shoes. We weren't in too much of a rush as we were due to catch the 11.35 train back to Leeds so we had plenty of time to pack and head for breakfast before getting on the train home. After hauling our suitcases one stop on the tube to Liverpool Street we went to the Polo Bar again for breakfast and had exactly what we had on the Tuesday morning. It was definitely a good way to end our trip! After fuelling up for the day ahead we navigated our way onto the right tube, which would take us to Kings Cross St Pancras, before dragging my heavy suitcase up to the station above. I couldn't wait to get myself settled into first class and get drinking my many cups of tea!

The journey home was stress free and I was sad to be leaving. However, I'm sure it won't be long before I'm in London again and I will no doubt tell you all about it! 

I hope you enjoyed this post and my pictures. I would definitely recommend The Book Of Mormon to you all. If you've also seen it please let me know what you thought of it in the comments below. I've only seen it on the West End so I would love to know how it differs on Broadway. 

Don't forget to click on the links below to follow me on social media I will follow back. 

Hope you all have a lovely week!

"The rest is still unwritten"


Social Media Links

No comments:

Post a Comment