Monday 25 November 2013

Before I Die by Jenny Downham

I feel like I need to write this book review now. This is one of the few books that has reduced me to floods of tears. It has a beautiful and meaningful love story that everyone dreams of. The characters are so perfectly written...I just can't find the right words to explain this story. 

Tessa Scott is a 16 year old who has battled leukemia for 4 years and this story is about the final year of her life. Now I know the book sounds depressing but I have read this in 2 nights! Couldn't put the book down. I feel as if I am emotionally attached to Tessa, I felt her pain. I want a boyfriend like Adam who loves me no matter what I look like and who will stay with me through the bad times as well as the good. 

This book has made me realise how precious life is and how most of us take it for granted half the time. You need to buy this book because it is THAT good. You're lying if you say you didn't cry at the ending.

If you're not much of a reader watch the film "now is good" it's the adaption from the book. That also made me cry! I'm watching the movie again on Thursday with Zoe. 

So I'm writing this just as I finished the book and sent a snapchat to everyone of my red raw tearful face! (Lovely) another lengthier blog will be up tomorrow cause I really do need sleep! I apologise for my absence however blog writing day is tomorrow so I will be writing as many drafts as I can so they can be uploaded each day on the go!

The rest is still unwritten 

Megan 

No comments:

Post a Comment