Wednesday 4 May 2016

Carluccio's- Sheffield, Meadowhall

Hello Lovely Readers!


I've just been for a beautiful walk in the sun around where I live and I really enjoyed seeing some more of the area. After picking up my laptop in an attempt to do some work I ultimately failed and instead I've decided to write a blog post about last weekend.


I went to Meadowhall in search of a dress for Graduation Ball and for Scott's brothers wedding. I have bought a dress from Debenhams but I'll keep that under wraps for now until I find the whole outfit!

After trawling around Meadowhall for what seemed like days we decided to go for food and began wandering to the food court. I had heard a friend rave about Carluccio's so I decided to give it a go. We were seated quickly, albeit not in a great spot, however we were sat promptly. Scott ordered homemade lemonade and I went for a really predictable normal lemonade. I adore Italian food and if I could eat it everyday I really would! After looking at the menu for a good 10 minutes I decided I either wanted Spaghetti Carbonara (predictable Megan) or the Pappardelle Con Pollo (a bit of a risk). I love Mushrooms with pasta so I think that was the decider for me, so I ended up going for the Pappardelle Con Pollo (Chicken and a mix of shiitake, oyster and button mushrooms with créme fraîche, garlic, white wine and tossed pine nuts). Scott ordered Spaghetti Con Polpette (Spaghetti and meatballs). I love garlic and decided I wanted some garlic bread, so I ordered a side of Garlic Focaccia Bread (mmmm).


When the food came I was so excited to tuck in. I refused parmesan to begin with as I prefer to try a dish before I start adding stuff to it, however it really did need a sprinkle of parmesan so the waiter was really kind to add a healthy helping to my dish for me. I loved my food overall, although if it was me I would have not added as much parsley as the taste was almost overpowering. Scott did give me a bit of his meatball and I can say they were the best meatballs I'd tasted in a while. My favourite dish we ordered was the Garlic Focaccia Bread. I love bread and garlic, so it was no contest of which one I would prefer really. I could have honestly eaten a few more slices of this! For the price (£3.75) I felt that the portion was a bit on the small side? But that could just be for me.

Overall I would rate my experience a 7/10. I would return but I would order something different, maybe the lasagne. I will definitely be ordering the Garlic Focaccia Bread though- that is for certain!

Have you visited Carluccio's? If you have what was your favourite dish? If you have food pics, share them with me on Twitter (link below) I'd love to see them! Hope you enjoyed this post. I'm trying to post a little more for you all.

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

Social Media Links







No comments:

Post a Comment