Thursday 5 May 2016

Spotify: What am I listening to?

Hello Lovely Readers!

I haven't written a music post in a while and I thought I might share with you all what I have been listening to and loving. I drive in the car a lot, so music is incredibly important to help the journey speed along. There is something about driving in the car with music blaring I love. I think it allows me to sing at the top of my voice without the worry of people judging me for it. I'll share 10 songs I'm currently listening to so that you can either see what I'm into or find some new songs you haven't heard of before.

1. Drake feat Wizkid & Kyla- One Dance
I'm not a huge Drake fan and I wouldn't usually find myself listening to his songs, however when Radio 1 played this more and more I gradually became addicted to it. It's such a catchy song and perfect for a wiggle in the car whilst waiting in traffic. Definitely one I've added to my playlist.

2. Sia feat Sean Paul- Cheap Thrills
I love this song and love having a dance around. Even in the car it's such a good song to wake you up in the morning to get ready for the day. Definitely needed when I have early starts at Uni or volunteering!

3. Little Mix feat Sean Paul- Hair
Ok I know. Little Mix. Not usually my bad but I do love to dance and I think this song is more than perfect for that! I have long hair and I love flipping it around and wiggling my bum whilst spinning around to this song. It's upbeat and sassy empowering to women. I love a catchy tune too. I'm trying to work out some more and go for walks and this song is so motivating.

4. Fifth Harmony feat Ty Dolla $ign- Work from Home
Sticking with the dance theme I love a good dance tune to listen to when I'm cooking. This song is perfect whilst stirring whatever is cooking on the hob and wiggling around whilst Scott does the washing up. Scott really hates this song which might make me like it a little more, however I'll continue to listen to it for now.

5. Tom Odell- Magnetised
Really glad that Tom Odell is back with new music. It seems ages since he released his first album and I was more than ready to here his new material. I wasn't so sure when I heard Wrong Crowd for the first time but after a couple of listens and then Magnetised was released I started to get into it a bit more. Not a dancey song but it's good to chill out to after a tough day.

6. Lauren Aquilina- Kicks
I really like Lauren and how low key she is as an artist. I am obsessed with this new song and find it a air punch song when you need to get a bit of anger out. I'm listening to this whilst writing this blog and it's putting me in such a good mood. Spurring me on to get this blog finished!

7. Birdy- Wild Horses
Birdy has caught the eye of many people over the years. I was shocked at how young she was when she started out. I think her voice is fantastic and have really enjoyed songs like Wings, Skinny Love and Let it all Go with Rhodes. Her new song is something I'm listening to on repeat and I always add it to a playlist when I go out driving when I get to be passenger DJ whilst Scott chauffeurs me around.

8. Biffy Clyro- Wolves of Winter
I will say that I wasn't a huge fan of Biffy Clyro, however when I heard this new song I'll admit it grew on me. I drive around a lot and it's the only time I listen to the radio. This has allowed me to listen to music I wouldn't normally choose to listen to. I really lovely the guitar in this song and makes me want to learn more...but then I think about how many times I've said that and actually I don't have that much free time. One day Meg. One day.

9. Kygo feat Kodaline- Raging
I LOVE KODALINE. So when I heard they had teamed up with Kygo I was excited. After the first play I was sold. This song is so good and still has Kodaline's sound in there, which fans will resonate with. I really love this song and It's on repeat at the minute and it probably will be for a while now. I think it's one of those summer songs you listen to with the sun glaring down and your windows are down, sunnies on and the wind is blowing your hair in a mess as you drive.

10. Alessia Cara- Wild Things
This woman has amazing vocals and I would kill to be able to sing like she can. After listening to and enjoying Here I was eager to hear more. Here was one of those songs I could relate to as a fellow party hater. I would much rather be sat at home with a glass of wine and a good film! How old do I sound now?! Wild Things will be another summer anthem for me. It makes me feel so young and want to jump on a trampoline and enjoy life. Ah if only I had the energy for that. 21 going on 90?

Hope you enjoyed this post from me and found some new songs to listen to. If you have any suggestions for me tweet them to me (link below) or alternatively leave a comment below and I'll reply!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

Social Media Links




No comments:

Post a Comment