Tuesday 6 January 2015

Tuneful Tuesday's 3: Artist of the Week

Years and Years 

Hello Bloggers!

I've been waiting to write about this trio. They are one of my fave artists at the minute and their fan base is continually growing. I've been a fan of this band since last year and I've seen them release new EP's and I think they get better with every track.

I still listen to their 'Traps' EP, however with the release of their new song Desire I'm currently in love with Memo.

This band have already sold their upcoming headline tour (of course I missed out on tickets-damn), however I'm still hoping I will one day get to see them. 

These are the Years and Years tracks I have on my Spotify Playlist that I listen to often (ok nearly every night as I fall asleep)- but it's necessary!

1. Illuminate- Tourite feat Years and Years
2. Memo
3. Desire
4. Sunlight- The Magician feat Years and Years
5. You & I
6. Traps
7. Real
8. Breathe
9. Take Shelter

I'm so happy that I hear them on Radio 1 a lot and they've been doing sessions with Huw Stephens. It's about time they got noticed for their amazing talent! I've converted my parents and I think secretly they're fans!

They were nominated for this years Critics Choice award at the Brits but were beaten by James Bay. I must say this years category was hard and I liked a lot of the artists nominated. Even though they didn't win this year I know that 2015 will be a huge year for this band. If you have a ticket to see them let me know what they are like, I'm gutted I missed out!

Let me know if you listen to/have listened to Years and Years because I want to know what YOU think!

"The rest is still unwritten"

Megan

Follow us here! We follow back!
Instagram: @therestisstillunwrittenblog
Twitter: @TRISUblog

No comments:

Post a Comment